What to do When Involved in a Crash
The basic steps that the driver should perform at the crash scene are as follows:
• Stop immediately and secure the vehicle (shut off the engine and set the brakes).
• Protect the area by properly placing emergency warning devices.
• Assist any injured person (the driver should never move an injured person unless they are in imminent danger).
• Notify the policy and emergency services. Be specific about location, how many are injured and the extent of the injuries and if HazMat is involved.
• Report the crash to your manager.
• Maintain a professional demeanor, regardless of who was at fault.
• Provide his/her name, the company’s name, insurance policy information, and driver's license to the other party(ies) involved. The driver should not discuss details of the crash with anyone except his/her employer, police or the company's insurance provider.
• Complete the form below.