1. How many sheets of paper does the average office worker use in one year?
2. How much more energy is required to produce new paper from virgin materials compared with using recycled paper materials?
3. How much more do color copies cost than black and white?
Color is 2-3 times more than black and white
4. One ton of recycled office paper can save how many gallons of water?
Earth Day Info
Want to know more about:
-how paper is recycled,
-recycling shredded paper, paper plates, waxed paper and
-the best eco-friendly toilet paper? Check out these great articles and more at Treehugger.com
Other Paper recycling tips:
– Decide whether it is really necessary to print documents or if you can read them from your computers or smartphones.
– Set your printer to automatically print duplex and start saving 50 % of the paper you use for printing!
– Determine if color copies are needed or if black and white will do. Did you know selecting black and white is 2-3 times cheaper than color?
We don’t have to engage in grand, heroic actions to participate in changes. Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world.”
~Howard Zinn, Historian